Learn how to purchase your new home with our First-Time Homebuyer Course
Take an in-person course
The First-Time Homebuyer Course is specifically designed to inform and help homebuyers like you. With the help of industry experts including REALTORS®, mortgage lenders, home inspectors, insurance agents, real estate attorneys, credit counselors, and representatives from state agencies, this course gets you ready to move.
Course topics include:
- How to know when you’re ready to buy
- Understanding your credit
- Choosing the right home and negotiating the contract
- Why home inspections are important
- Navigating the mortgage application and approval process
- Long-term success as a homeowner
- And more!
NSAR/HCP's First-Time Homebuyer Course is MassHousing-approved.
Graduates of the course are given a certificate that allows access to MassHousing partnership’s ONE Mortgage, MassHousing mortgages, HUD mortgages, home ownership lotteries, lender first-time homebuyer mortgages, and a variety of other mortgages through assisted and conventional lending sources. The certificate is good for two years and is accepted statewide for first-time homebuyer education.