Your how-to-purchase-your-new-home source
Buying a home for the first time is a daunting task. Where do you start? What is the process? How do you find the perfect home?
NSAR’s homebuyer resources support first-time homebuyers. We’ll supply the information you need to confidently find and purchase your home.
NSAR has partnered with Harborlight Community Partners and their experienced homebuyer counselors to offer a course designed specifically to inform and help homebuyers like you. With help of industry experts including REALTORS®, mortgage lenders, home inspectors, insurance agents, lawyers, credit counselors, and representatives from state agencies, this course gets you ready to move.
Course topics include:
- How to know when you’re ready to buy
- Understanding your credit
- Choosing the right home and negotiating the contract
- Why home inspections are important
- Navigating the mortgage application and approval process
- Long-term success as a homeowner
- And more!
Why you can rely on NSAR and Harborlight Community Partners
- NSAR is the leading real estate resource for the North Shore. Founded in 1923, NSAR champions the real estate community by providing support for REALTORS® and information for the public.
- For over 50 years, Harborlight Community Partners (HCP) has remained missionally committed to the preservation and creation of affordable housing; as part of this mission, HCP is working to create pathways to housing by assisting first time homebuyers enter into the real estate market and achieve home ownership.
- Our organizations are experienced.
- We’ve been around for a long time – and we’ve kept evolving, growing, and learning along the way. Today we continue to strive to make our REALTOR® members and the surrounding community better informed by providing a forum for discussion and dissemination of information.
- Our members are experts.
- From real estate attorneys and mortgage companies to home inspectors and insurance agents, our membership covers all aspects of real estate. And our members are skilled in their professions.
- We provide you with the tools you need to make informed real estate decisions.
- Our community-driven culture is guided by personalized service, timely educational offerings, and exceptional dedication to serving our membership and our region.
Buying a home is a big deal. You need to make sure that you are relying on an informed and reputable source for your information.