Your how-to-purchase-your-new-home source
Buying a home for the first time is a daunting task. Where do you start? What is the process? How do you find the perfect home?
Harborlight/NSR’s homebuyer resources support first-time homebuyers. We’ll supply the information you need to confidently find and purchase your home.
Harborlight Homes’ experienced homebuyer counselors offer a course designed specifically to inform and help home buyers like you. With help of guest speaker industry experts including REALTORS®, mortgage lenders, home inspectors, insurance agents, lawyers, credit counselors, and representatives from state agencies, this course gets you ready to move.
Course topics include:
- How to know when you’re ready to buy
- Understanding your credit
- Choosing the right home and negotiating the contract
- Why home inspections are important
- Navigating the mortgage application and approval process
- Long-term success as a homeowner
- And more!
Post-course counseling is available. One-on-one counseling is held at the HCP office in Beverly.
Please note that class participants are under no obligation to use the homebuyer counselors or any guest speakers for their services.
Why you can rely on Harborlight Homes and NSR
- For over 50 years, Harborlight Homes has remained missionally committed to the preservation and creation of affordable housing; as part of this mission, Harborlight is working to create pathways to housing by assisting first time homebuyers enter into the real estate market and achieve home ownership.
- NSR is the leading real estate resource for the North Shore. Founded in 1923, NSR champions the real estate community by providing support for REALTORS® and information for the public.
- Our organizations are experienced.
- NSR has been around for a long time – and has kept evolving, growing, and learning along the way. Today it continues to strive to make their REALTOR® members and the surrounding community better informed by providing a forum for discussion and dissemination of information.
- We provide you with the tools you need to make informed real estate decisions.
- Our community-driven culture is guided by personalized service, timely educational offerings, and exceptional dedication to serving our membership and our region.
Homebuyer Counselors & Guest Speakers
Buying a home is a big deal. You need to make sure that you are relying on an informed and reputable source for your information.