Take an in-person course
First-Time Homebuyer Course topics include:
- How to know when you’re ready to buy
- Understanding your credit
- Choosing the right home and negotiating the contract
- Why home inspections are important
- Navigating the mortgage application and approval process
- Long-term success as a homeowner
- And more!
Learn from industry experts including:
- Mortgage lenders
- Home inspectors
- Insurance agents
- Real estate attorneys
- Credit counselors
- Representatives from state agencies
- Homebuyer counselors
- Cost: $45 per person or $75 per household
- Questions? Call 978-232-9410 or email email@example.com
Graduates of the course are given a certificate that allows access to MassHousing Partnership’s ONE Mortgage, MassHousing mortgages, HUD mortgages, home ownership lotteries, lender first-time homebuyer mortgages, and a variety of other mortgages through assisted and conventional lending sources. The certificate is accepted statewide for first-time homebuyer education.
Homebuyer Course Participant Forms:
These documents will be provided at class. If you want to save time: print them, fill them out, and bring them with you.
Register for Upcoming Courses
Register for a MassHousing approved First-Time Homebuyer Course. Attendance at all dates in each session is mandatory for completion of the course. Easy access and free on-site parking for all courses.
October Session (two 5-hour sessions, breaks included)
- Saturday, October 27th 9am-2pm
- Sunday, October 28th 9am-2pm
Location: NSAR, 398 Essex Street, Beverly