Take a live virtual course
First-Time Homebuyer Course topics include:
- How to know when you’re ready to buy
- Understanding your credit
- Choosing the right home and negotiating the contract
- Why home inspections are important
- Navigating the mortgage application and approval process
- Long-term success as a homeowner
- And more!
Learn from industry experts including:
- Homebuyer counselors, provided by Harborlight Homes
- Mortgage lenders
- Home inspectors
- Insurance agents
- Real estate attorneys
- Credit counselors
- Representatives from state agencies
Please note that class participants are under no obligation to use the homebuyer counselors or any guest speakers for their services.
- Recipient of CHAPA Homeownership Collaborative Seal of Approval
- Cost: $45 per person or $75 per household (registration is non-refundable)
- Post-course counseling is available. One-on-one counseling is held at the Harborlight Homes’ office in Beverly.
- Questions? Call 978-232-9410 or email email@example.com
Graduates of the course are given a certificate that allows access to MassHousing Partnership’s ONE mortgage, MassHousing mortgages, HUD mortgages, home ownership lotteries, lender first-time homebuyer mortgages, and a variety of other mortgages through assisted and conventional lending sources. The certificate is accepted statewide for first-time homebuyer education.
Homebuyer Course Participant Forms:
A link will be provided to fill out a participation form and a survey regarding your experience in the class. Both forms will need to be completed before receiving your completion certificate.
Register for Upcoming Courses
Attendance at all dates in each session is mandatory for completion of the course. Registration is non-refundable.
A webcam, microphone, and speakers are required to take live Zoom classes.