Take an in-person course
First-Time Homebuyer Course topics include:
- How to know when you’re ready to buy
- Understanding your credit
- Choosing the right home and negotiating the contract
- Why home inspections are important
- Navigating the mortgage application and approval process
- Long-term success as a homeowner
- And more!
Learn from industry experts including:
- Homebuyer counselors, provided by Harborlight Community Partners
- Mortgage lenders
- Home inspectors
- Insurance agents
- Real estate attorneys
- Credit counselors
- Representatives from state agencies
Please note that class participants are under no obligation to use the homebuyer counselors or any guest speakers for their services.
- Recipient of CHAPA Homeownership Collaborative Seal of Approval
- Cost: $45 per person or $75 per household (registration is non-refundable)
- Post-course counseling is available. One-on-one counseling is held at the Harborlight Community Partners’ office in Beverly.
- Questions? Call 978-232-9410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates of the course are given a certificate that allows access to MassHousing Partnership’s ONE mortgage, MassHousing mortgages, HUD mortgages, home ownership lotteries, lender first-time homebuyer mortgages, and a variety of other mortgages through assisted and conventional lending sources. The certificate is accepted statewide for first-time homebuyer education.
Homebuyer Course Participant Forms:
These documents will be provided at class. If you want to save time: print them, fill them out, and bring them with you.
Register for Upcoming Courses
Attendance at all dates in each session is mandatory for completion of the course. Easy access and free on-site parking for all courses. Registration is non-refundable.
In response to COVID-19, our November, 2020 class will be held as live Zoom webinars. A webcam, microphone, and speakers are required to take this class.
November, 2020 Session - SOLD OUT
- Tuesday, November 3, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, November 4, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday, November 5, 6pm-9pm
Location: Live Zoom Webinar
Three 3-hour sessions.