Take an in-person course
First-Time Homebuyer Course topics include:
- How to know when you’re ready to buy
- Understanding your credit
- Choosing the right home and negotiating the contract
- Why home inspections are important
- Navigating the mortgage application and approval process
- Long-term success as a homeowner
- And more!
Learn from industry experts including:
- Homebuyer counselors
- Mortgage lenders
- Home inspectors
- Insurance agents
- Real estate attorneys
- Credit counselors
- Representatives from state agencies
Please note that class participants are under no obligation to use the homebuyer counselors or any guest speakers for their services.
- Recipient of CHAPA Homeownership Collaborative Seal of Approval
- Cost: $45 per person or $75 per household
- Post-course counseling is available. One-on-one counseling is held at the HCP office in Beverly.
- Questions? Call 978-232-9410 or email email@example.com
Graduates of the course are given a certificate that allows access to MassHousing Partnership’s ONE mortgage, MassHousing mortgages, HUD mortgages, home ownership lotteries, lender first-time homebuyer mortgages, and a variety of other mortgages through assisted and conventional lending sources. The certificate is accepted statewide for first-time homebuyer education.
Homebuyer Course Participant Forms:
These documents will be provided at class. If you want to save time: print them, fill them out, and bring them with you.
Register for Upcoming Courses
Attendance at all dates in each session is mandatory for completion of the course. Easy access and free on-site parking for all courses.
October Session (two 5-hour sessions, breaks included)
- Saturday, October 26th 9am-2pm
- Sunday, October 27th 9am-2pm
Location: NSAR, 398 Essex Street, Beverly